For admissions, institutions offering diploma programmes are classified into regional institutions, state-wide institutions.
- 85% of the available seats in each regional institution [Government / Aided Polytechnic/ Institution] shall be filled by candidates belonging to the respective University area of the two University areas namely (1) Andhra University Area, (2) Sri Venkateswara University Area. The remaining 15% unreserved seats shall be made available to Local candidates of both A.P. & T.S. and non-local candidates in A.P. & T.S. depending upon their ranking at POLYCET. However, candidates who wish to opt 15% unreserved seats in AP from Telangana state, those candidates shall appear POLYCET conducted by Andhra Pradesh.
- All candidates are eligible to compete for Open Competition (OC) seats and they will be filled first followed by the seats earmarked for reservation categories. However, the seats vacated by the BC/SC/ST candidates in OC category shall be filled by the respective category candidates as per G.O.Ms.No.550 Higher Education (EC-2) dept. dated 30-07-2001.
Reservation of Seats:
- Reservation of seats in favor of SC/ST/BC (A, B, C, D, E) Candidates shall be made in non-minority institutions as per the following percentages.
- OPEN COMPETITION-50%,
- SC – 15 % ,
- ST – 6 % ,
- BC – 29% (BC ‘A’ – 7%, BC ‘B’ – 10%, BC ‘C’ – 1%, BC ‘D’ – 7%,BC ‘E’-4%)
- For Residential Polytechnics at Madanapalle, Rajahmundry Andhra Pradesh, the reservations are:
- S.C. – 75% S.T. – 05% B.C.- 10% O.C. – 10%
All the seats are reserved for BOYS ONLY
- For Residential Polytechnics at Paderu, Srisailam and Yetapaka near Bhadrachalam (AP) the reservations are: C. – 18% S.T. – 75% B.C. – 05% O.C. – 02%
- For Government Minority Polytechnics at Kurnool, and Guntur (A.P) all the seats are reserved for minority candidates.
- 33% of total seats in all non-minority Co-Educational institutions are reserved for girl candidates in each reservation category. If enough candidates are not available to fill the seats reserved for girls, they will be offered to the boys of the same category.
- Reservation for Anglo Indians: Two (2) seats are reserved in polytechnics in favour of the candidates belonging to the Anglo Indian community from the academic year 1994-95 onwards vide G.O.Ms. No. 173 Edn (TE-1) Dept. dated 15-6-1994. Candidates claiming reservation in Anglo Indian Community shall produce a community certificate issued by Revenue official not below the rank of Deputy Tahasildar of their place of residence.
- NCC (National Cadet Corps): Reservation to the extent of 1% shall be available for candidates of this category. The priority for consideration will be as per GO.Ms.No.21 HE (TE-1) Dept., Dt.13-05-2002
- SPORTS: Reservation to the extent of 0.5% (½%) shall be available for candidates of this category. Certificates issued by various organizations constituted by Central / State Government to conduct the event will alone are considered under this category. The participation in games and Sports before the qualifying Examinations will only be considered. The priority under this Category will be fixed as per the rules in vogue at the time of admissions.
- Physically Handicapped (PH): Reservation to the extent of 3% for Physically Handicapped 1% for Visually Handicaped,1% for hearing impaired, and 1% for Orthopedically Handicapped shall be available as per G.O.Ms.No.130, Higher Education (TEI) Department, Dated: 06 09 2000.However candidates with defects like Muscular dystrophy, Deaf and Dum, Blindness and mentally retardation are not eligible for admission.
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP): Reservation to the extent of 2% of the seats shall be available for the children of ex-servicemen and defence personnel including Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police.
- Inter conversion of seats among the special reservation categories is not applicable. If enough candidates are available to fill the seats reserved for special reservation category, they shall be filled with candidates of general pool of that reservation category.
- If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available to fill seats reserved for Scheduled Tribe, they may be filled by suitable candidates from Scheduled Caste and Vice-versa. If the required numbers of candidates are not available from both categories, the unfilled seats shall be added to general pool of the local area.
- The Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes/Backward Class candidates seeking admission shall produce Community Certificate in the prescribed Proforma. The candidates claiming themselves as SC/ST/BC candidates who do not produce necessary certificates in the prescribed form or produce certificates in improper form will not be considered as SC/ST/BC candidates (as the case may be).
- The caste claims of BC/SC/ST candidates are subject to verification and report by Commissioner of Backward Classes Welfare / Director of Social Welfare / Director of Tribal Welfare, respectively. The admission of the candidates is provisional till the genuineness of the claim of BC / SC / ST candidates is certified by the above said respective authorities.
- If sufficient number of candidates of any particular group of Backward Classes namely, A, B, C, D&E are not available to fill up seats reserved for that group, they may be filled by conversion to other BC groups as per rules in vogue in the order of merit of POLYCET
- If no suitable candidate is available in any of the five groups of the Backward Class then the seat may be filled up from the general pool of the same local area.