Any candidate who is seeking Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic admissions needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
AP Polycet 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the AP Polycet Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality:Indian candidates are eligible to apply for examination.
- Age Limit Criteria:There will be no age limit criteria to apply.
- Appearing: Candidates those appearing in their 10thlevel can also apply.
- Domicile:Candidates must have a domicile of Andhra Pradesh state.
- Qualification:The candidate must have passed the SSC examination with an aggregate of 35% and have Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Subjects:Candidates must pass with PCM subjects in 10th level.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must secure minimum of 35% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates who wish to seek admission in any of the Diploma courses will have to appear for Common Entrance Test for admissions into Polytechnics (POLYCET) conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
- Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test is a state level examination. The exam is conducted every year by the State Board of Technical Education & Training (SBTET), Andhra Pradesh.
- Every candidate desirous of seeking admission into Engineering/Non – Engineering Diploma course can apply online for POLYCET. No separate application form for admission is prescribed. The filled in application for POLYCET itself is an application for admission.
- AP POLYCET admission process held through the official website i.e. polycetap.nic.in and notification for admission will be released during the fourth week of march every year. the application process for APPOLYCET is a four-step online process consisting of Registration, Form Filling, Online Payment, and Form Printing.
- For the convenience of the candidate ONLINE filling of application for POLYCET is facilitated by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P. Amaravati. Students can approach any of the nearest aponline /payment gateway/net banking/Help line centers (Polytechnics).
The applicant needs to follow the guidelines given below to apply for Andhra Pradesh polytechnic admission:
- First, the candidate will visit the official website and click on the online application link to get the application form.
- The candidate will fill the form using required details such as name, age, gender, address, etc.
- After filling all the information correctly, the candidate will have to enter the educational details and choose the preferred exam centre for AP Polycet.
- The candidate will then upload all the required documents as prescribed in the form.
- After filling all the details and uploading the documents, the candidate will pay the application fee through debit/credit/net banking mode.
- After submitting the form, students can take the printouts of admit card and application form for future references.
- After downloading the AP POLYCET admit card, all candidates are suggested to check the details mentioned over it. In case if any candidate finds any mistake on their admit card then they should immediately contact the exam conducting body and request to resolve the problem before the date of the exam.
- AP POLYCET contains important details such as the name of the candidate, date of exam, the timing of the exam, roll number, exam centre with address, and instructions for the exam etc. All candidates will be required to bring their admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a photo ID proof such as an aadhar card, pan card, driving license, passport etc. Not a single candidate would be allowed to sit in the exam hall without the same.
SYLLABUS FOR COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
- The syllabus of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for POLYCET-2020 is the same as that of SSC
- Examination of March / April 2020 conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- Structure of the question paper:
- The question paper for common Entrance Test for admission into Polytechnics consists of 120 questions.
- Section A 01 to 60 Mathematics
- Section B 61 to 90 Physics
- Section C 91 to 120 Chemistry.
- All questions are of multiple – choice type. Each question will have a list of four answers noted
- against as 1, 2, 3 and 4. Out of these four, only one is an appropriate answer to the statement given in stem and other three are distracters.
AP POLYCET 2021 Exam Centres
- AP POLYCET exam is conducted in offline mode at a number of exam centres across Andhra Pradesh state. All candidates are provided with the option to select the exam centres as per their choice in the application form. While filling the AP POLYCET 2021 application form, the candidates will have to select 3 exam centres in order to their preference. After submission of the application form, the candidates will not be given another chance to make changes to the previously selected exam centre, therefore, the candidates must select the exam centre carefully. More detail of AP POLYCETexam centres including the centre address will be mentioned over the exam admit card. AP POLYCET exam is expected to be conducted in a total of 12 cities of the state. A complete list of AP POLYCET exam centre cities are furnished in the table below:
AP POLYCET Exam Pattern:
- The candidates who are preparing to appear for the AP POLYCET must be aware of the exam pattern as prescribed by the conducting authority. It helps the aspirants to know the important details of the exam such as type of questions asked in the exam, duration of exam, mode of exam, total marks, marking scheme, etc. Below, we have mentioned the exam pattern for AP POLYCET:
- Mode of Exam:AP POLYCET is held in offline mode (pen and paper-based test).
- Time Duration:Total duration of the AP POLYCET exam is 2 hours.
- Type of Questions:Only objective type MCQs are asked in the AP POLYCET exam.
- Sections:The entrance exam will have a total of three sections which are physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Total Question:A total of 100 questions are asked in the exam.
- Total Marks:A total of 100 marks are distributed in the AP POLYCET exam.
- Paper Language:The medium of the exam is Telugu, English, and Urdu.
- Marking Scheme:For each correct answer, candidates will be distributed 1 mark and there will be no negative marking scheme for wrong or unanswered questions.
- Marks Distribution:Marks will be distributed in the exam as per the detail mentioned in the table below:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
AP POLYCET Result
- After releasing the AP POLYCET Answer key, the State Board of Technical Education & Training, Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh will prepare the result of AP POLYCET and publish it in online mode. AP POLYCET results are prepared on the basis of performance by the candidates in the AP POLYCET exam.
- The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance examination shall be thirty percent i.e., 36 marks out of 120.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be assigned ranking irrespective of the marks obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates even less than30% marks in POLYCET shall be eligible to compete for their category of seats during the admission.
- The marks obtained at the entrance test shall be considered for the purpose of assigning rank, on the basis of which, selection shall be made for admission into diploma courses.
- The above rules are subject to any amendments that may be issued by the Government from time to time.
- The results are likely to be declared within fifteen days from the date of test. Rank Cards will also be dispatched within a week from the date of declaration of results. The Candidates can download rank card from hptts://polycetap.nic.in or www.sbtetap.gov.in or from any help line centers or otherwise can contact coordinator of any helpline center for any further assistance.
- After the conclusion of the entrance exam process, SBTET will initiate the counselling process. There is a separate registration for the counselling, which also involves payment of processing fee, web options and seat allotment.
- Admissions are made based on the merit obtained in the Common Entrance Test (POLYCET) and the reservation rules stipulated by the Government of Andhra Pradesh from time to time.
- Based on POLYCET Rank you should opt for seat through “WEB-COUSELLING”
- All privileges like “Reservation policy”, “Fee reimbursement” etc will be applied online through web-counselling.
- The counselling process for Andhra Pradesh polytechnic admission goes through the following steps:
- After the result declaration of the entrance test, the applicants who have qualified the AP Polycet exam will be called for the counselling process.
- The first step will be to verify the documents for which all the qualified students will have to visit the AP Polycet helpline centres with their original documents.
- After the documents are verified, the applicants will have to apply for web-based counselling.
- Further, the students will have to fill their choices of colleges through the online portal. Based on the merit of the student, seat vacant and choice fillings, seat allotment will be done for the qualified students.
- After the online choice filling for preferred colleges, the result for seat allotment will be released. Further, students will have to visit the allotted colleges through the online portal first followed by a physical reporting both online, as well as physical visit, is compulsory for the students to get admission.
- Intermediate Vocational Course passed students should apply for admission into 2nd Year of diploma courses. The notification for IVC admissions will be given in newspapers also available at Govt Polytechnics nearer to you
- ITI passed students has to pass the Bridge course exam conducted by SBTET. Only with bridge course pass certificate & ITI certificate students can apply for admission in to 2nd Year of diploma courses. The notification for admissions for ITI students will be given in newspapers as well available at Govt Polytechnics nearer to you
- The left over seats IN WEB-COUSELLING will be filled directly at polytechnics by the principal.
- 10th or equivalent with or without polycet rank
Reservation criterion will be applied among the eligible candidates.